Lower your Expenses and Increase Revenue by Simplifying your Brand Architecture
Are your customers confusing your products and services names for your brand name? We understand; we see it and fix it all the time.
First, what’s the benefit?
Marketing is an infinite game played with finite resources. Chances are you don’t have the resources of a company like Apple, so don’t structure your products/services architecture like them. Instead, look to brands like Braun and Dyson. They keep it simple to focus their finite resources on establishing incredible brand equity (familiarity, recognition, top of mind, positive opinion, respect, trust) around technology, quality, innovation, and design. And the flow of their brand equity goes straight to the core brand name and doesn’t get diluted by unnecessary complexity with many sub-brands.
Here are four things we do at Propr Design to remedy this situation for our clients.
- Strive for simplicity. Do your products and services need to be branded separately from your corporate brand? If not, reel it all in. One brand with many parts is much easier and cheaper to manage than many brands with many parts.
- Design your brand architecture for scaling. New products and services will emerge as you grow and scale your company. While we cannot predict the future, we must commit to thinking about it. Map out how your brand architecture scales in the future to avoid a massive drain on resources trying to manage and market unscalable complexity.
- Maximize your brand equity. Being top of mind, familiar, relevant, and trusted are significant goals for your marketing teams; put them in the best possible position to succeed by not diluting their marketing resources by competing on too many fronts with other brands. Instead, focus on a singular brand and do better over the long term.
- Continue to assess and evaluate. With sustainable and healthy growth, you may need to spin off or segment your products and services into a new brand. Understand these conditions before making any moves:
- Due to substantial growth, do you need dedicated leadership beyond brand management to lead this brand?
- Can the sub-brand stand on its own, and will segmenting it from the core company help or hurt your primary focus?
- Are the target audiences becoming considerably different from your core brand?
- Bigger is rarely better, but will segmenting the brands negatively impact the overall perception of your company?
- Do you really want to manage two brands/companies?
- What is the risk and cost analysis studies saying?
Managing your brand architecture can be challenging, especially in the B2B tech space. With our insights and experience, we can help you determine what’s best for your brand and your future customers. We’ll empower you to make critical decisions more manageable and more advantageous to the success and fulfillment of your company, team, and customers.
If you need help managing your brand architecture and scaling it, we specialize in that; get in touch to see how we can help you. We’ve helped dozens of other leaders reduce complexity and frustration while increasing profits.
Are you looking to grow your business with a stronger brand?
With 24 years of creative experience in leadership, planning, and executing performance-based branding and web design strategies, Propr and I help small and medium-sized companies and organizations grow revenue, attract new customers, manage and scale their brands, and improve marketing performance.
Schedule a call to learn how we can help you transform your brand for consistent and better performance.
Propr is a boutique brand strategy and creative agency. We help companies and organizations grow through high-performing brand strategy, graphic & identity design, messaging & custom WordPress website design & development. Performance and results drive our passion for service. Let’s do great things for your brand together.
Ready to transform your brand for consistent and better performance? Contact us today!